Saturday 10 November 2012

I'm rather in love with Christmas

and I don't know what's up with me as it's not the usual state of affairs.  Yes, I like shopping for presents and the tree is nice for a couple of weeks; you can't argue with any opportunity to see friends and family, and who doesn't love presents... but its all a little too commercial and overly sentimental for me.  Halloween is far more my thing; commercial yes, but with a darn good scare thrown in!

This year though, I'm addicted.  I started my cards in September (more of that later), am half way through the shopping (and loving it) and find myself inexplicably drawn to any and all displays of  Christmas decorations.  Pop to the hardware store for paint for the 11yr old's roman shield?  Find myself coveting patchwork owl baubles and eyeing up tinsel which, lets be honest, is Christmas Marmite: you either love it or you hate and usually I can't stand the stuff! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.