Thursday 1 December 2011

The Boyfs Advent Calendar

It's the first day of Christmas and I can finally show you one of the little Christmas projects that I've been working on, an advent calendar for the boyf.  I can't say too much, as he does read my blog :) but it starts with a hint as to how many days he has left to buy my present!  (though I have to admit, he's beaten me to it this year...)





The front and back panels of the calendar were put together in Photoshop, using a Mari Koegelenberg template from The Digichick website, some beautiful Karla Dudley fonts and brushes and a snowflake brushset that I am just in love with.  I cut a template for the top flaps and used that to cut the top layer, the template had the fold lines printed.  Then I double-sided taped each and every line, I didn't want any gaps or lifts, and held my breath as I matched the top and bottom layers.  It was then mounted onto a sheet of A4 black card, I printed a title panel for the side and detailed with some matching gosgrain ribbon.  I'll post some more pics of the bottom layer later in the month.

2 comments:

  1. Heyho, thanks for your kind comment! An Elizabethan dress is definitely also on my list, do you have anything particular in mind? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, not yet, but looking at the paper dresses from the Burda link you posted, I am inspired by the Elizabethan dress there. I will have to start looking for patterns...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.