Wednesday 3 October 2012

Cheesy Leek Stuffed Squash

I have an idea for the food for our Halloween party and am testing various recipes.  This wasn't one of them, but it may well be... it's Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Squash Stuffed with Leeks.  I couldn't get anything other than butternuts (to be fair, I would look harder if it was for a party and not just Tuesday's dinner) but it was pretty obvious, as soon as I'd chopped the stem off and scooped them out that they would make great, edible, Halloween Lanterns.


The filling is leeks, crème fraiche and Gruyere with mustard, seasoning and fresh thyme. 


It's a lovely dinner, I assumed that it would be very rich but the squash cut through the filling very nicely.  It was filling but a great dealer lighter than I thought it would be.  For the party we could have a selection of squashes and fillings... I feel a google coming on. 


The only question is how to carve a face out of my "pumpkin" but I think the boyf has got the answer; score the skin prior to cooking and then peal it away when they come out of the oven.  I'm going to have to work another stuffed squash dinner into my new monthly meal plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.