Sunday, 8 May 2011

The Corset... adjustments...

I finished the second half of the corset last night, bar sewing the binding on; my fingers said no!  But was very pleased with how quickly it came together.  I pinned on the binding, laced it up and tried it on and as the laces were tightened, at the top of the corset the eyelet tapes overlap... I was too conservative when I made the deduction from my measurements.  Every time I've tested it, it seems to have been fine; I didn't realise just how much more the laces could pull you in.

I could leave it, it's a very small overlap, but it just wouldn't feel right.  So today's job is to unpick the eyelet tape from both sides, set them in 1/2" or so and resew them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.