Tuesday 6 September 2011

Poor Dolly...

It seems that whatever I try to do, she is destined to go through a few more hard times before things get better!  I put her head on just before my holidays... sighed deeply and decided some serious holiday-time thinking was in order!
She looks, to put it politely, like a pumpkin-headed scarecrow...


Back from holidays and it was obvious that hair was needed.  I found a wool called Big Softie, which has a lovely textured and is vari-width.  It looked like it could really work to provide body as well as texture, and body will be important in a head this size!

I am sewing a centre parting, directly onto dolly's head.  I decided to build the hair by laying long loops across the head, varying the lengths as I did so.


So far, it's not pretty!


Poor Dolly... it's an improvement (dare I say it)
but there is still inspiration to find, and work to be done.
The good news is, the 10 yr old approves!

2 comments:

  1. I feel certain that when you get done, that she'll look outstanding, by seeing what I already see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lon! She certainly looks better now that I've done some more work on the hair. I haven't been able to stitch for a few days this week, so I've had lots of looking and thinking time :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.