Monday 12 March 2012

Crazy Hares, part 2

I just couldn’t get them out of my head and so Saturday morning I bounced downstairs, nicked some stuffing from the foot of what was once Meg’s favourite Puss Cat and got to work filling my two little hares and giving them eyes. 


It’s surprising what you can do with a chopstick and a paintbrush but if I keep this up, I may need to invest in some proper tools one day...


I slip stitched them closed, sewing the threads back into the bodies and trimming, and tiny seed beads made good eyes.                               



The rest of our hill is slowly coming together in my mind.  What I need is florists wire and tape and after proving unlucky at a number of local florists I finally ordered some online from a cake shop!  I await their arrival with impatience….

PS don't you love my new laptop vinyl?  Van Gogh's Blossoming Almond Tree.  Just beautiful!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.