This is a late post, for which I apologise, it's been a little hectic since, but all the better to remember a lovely, quiet Sunday morning spent nursing a cup of tea and fiddling with the corset pattern.
First though, back to the tea, a Christmas present from the lovely Mrs B. It is "alcoholic", Blueberry Merlot on a Sunday morning, how decadent and just gorgeous. I couldn't resist a photo or two.
Suitably fortified, I set about comparing the busts and discovered that although the pieces are all the same I had made two quite different shaped busts; I did, for a few minutes, think that I'd sewn one side in back to front. Muslin two is closer to the pattern, but muslin one suits me best.
I took the muslins apart where needed and retraced the fabric pieces onto the pattern. I followed the same technique around the rest of the pattern, using whichever pieces (from either muslin) work best on me. The paper pattern is looking busy and it's amazing what a difference a matter of millimetres can make.
I've now retraced the new pieces and am going to make a third, full, muslin in a heavier weight fabric. My final test piece.
And last but not least, an utterly gratuitous picture of Finn, proving that dogs will indeed sleep anywhere, even the 11yr old's foot!