Tuesday 28 February 2012

An Elizabethan (not-) Farthingale, finished

Well, it may not be a farthingale as you'd expect it, but it was a great experience being able to make Alcega's pattern four centuries later.  As I was feeling rather guilty about the lack of boning I decided to handstitch the rest of the of it; from the 4mm gathers at the waist...


to the closure at the back...


the four metre hem, this took nearly 5 hours last Sunday afternoon, and the waistband, with inch wide gosgrain ribbon ties (to match the bumroll).


If I do wear it as part of the outfit, I will wear it under the corset and bumroll but I couldn't resist trying it on over the bumroll again; I just love the shape it creates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.