Monday 13 February 2012

It's all a balancing act...

Four things rattle through my mind at the moment.
  1. The Year of the Dragon is a turbulent time; it is auspicious but fast moving and unpredictable.
  2. Life never gives us more than we can handle.
  3. The first few lines of the Serenity Prayer.
  4. The great Philip Larkin’s This Be The Verse.
Once again, I am finding it longer and longer in between posts.  I miss my posts; I miss the structure of making, or doing, and then writing; I love building the habit of sharing.

But there is a limit to what I will post.  There are people and subjects that I don’t feel should be shared, they have not asked to be part of my blog and I have no desire to write a daily diary of my life.  My blog is defined by its title and deliberately so.  I don’t even feel entirely comfortable mentioning the wonky-T and then I have only one person to take account of, me. 

So what do I do when life interferes?  When it is not acceptable, or possible, or suitable, to hide myself away for a few precious moments of stitching and photographing and writing?  How do I balance the desire to do this for myself, with the need to be in other places for other people?

Looking at some of my fellow bloggers' sites, it seems I'm not the only person in this position this year.  For a variety of reasons, people seem to be dealing with change, which brings me back to point 1 on my list, and finding that their blogging takes a backseat.  I have decided that I am going to find a good middle ground again and make the time that I want for my crafting and my blog; apart from anything else, it helps to keep me sane whilst everything else whirls around me!

And I did, this weekend, make some time - in between the ironing and cooking dinner - to do some more work on my farthingale; and, when I found myself with a little more time than originally planned, I pinned it onto Miss G for a sneak preview of what it would end up like.... yeah...  I'll post more with pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.